google-site-verification: google4967ec131b2b1bee.html Dress as u want !: The Flowbee: The Haircut That Saves Time & Money

Thursday, April 25, 2019

The Flowbee: The Haircut That Saves Time & Money

The Flowbee
The Flowbee | Source
Anyone who dreads a trip to the barber shop and wonders why they just shelled out good money for a bad haircut should read on.
About twenty years ago my brother in-law introduced me to this product, the Flowbee. He had been cutting his own hair with this for many years and offered to cut mine. Being a little skeptical, okay a lot skeptical, I agreed to let him have a go at it. His hair had always appeared well groomed and to be honest you simply could not tell whether he had cut his own hair or had a professional do it. So I let him do his thing and guess what? I have not been back to a barber shop since. For the next five years or so my brother-in-law cut my hair with the Flowbee and I don’t think anyone outside of my immediate family could ever tell the difference.
Easily attaches to your vacuum hose.
Easily attaches to your vacuum hose. | Source

You can save how much?

Eventually my brother-in-laws Flowbee needed replacement so I offered to buy one for him as a token of my appreciation and while I was at it I bought myself one so that he wouldn’t have to continue doing this for me.
So for the last twenty years I have been cutting my own hair and I can’t even begin to think how much time and money this has saved me. Let’s give it a rough estimate and say twelve haircuts per year for twenty years comes out to about 240 trips to the barber shop. Having no idea what a hair cut cost these days I did a quick Google search and came up with about $20 give or take a few bucks. So those 240 haircuts would have cost me somewhere in the vicinity of $4800 over the last twenty years. Considering that I paid about $40 to $50 for the Flowbee I would say that this has saved me a bundle of money. If you happen to have kids, the savings are apt to be even more. For anyone on a tight budget and a growing family this is a great way to cut your budget and save some serious money.

Bad Hair Day

A Bad Hair Day
A Bad Hair Day | Source
The Flowbee
The Flowbee | Source

Remember the TV Commercials?

The Flowbee has been around for a long time going back to the TV commercials they used in the 1980’s, so this is not a new product. The system has been modified slightly over the years but the concept is simple and has remained unchanged. All you have to do is connect the Flowbee to your vacuum hose, select the desired length spacer, and you’re ready to go. Power is supplied to the cutting head by an AC adapter that plugs into any wall outlet. The Flowbee can cut hair lengths to between ½ inch to 6 inches, in ¼ inch increments. For hair lengths greater than six inches additional spacers can be purchased. It really is that simple.
Maybe the best thing about using the Flowbee is that there is no mess to clean up when you are done as it gets sucked into your vacuum. From start to finish you can give yourself a neat looking haircut in ten to fifteen minutes.
The cutting head.
The cutting head. | Source
If you’re like me then you are probably a tad skeptical about this? You may also be chuckling to yourself that this seems ridiculous. I know I was skeptical, but all it took was that first haircut by my brother-in-law and I was hooked.
To be honest I never really looked forward to a trip to the barber shop so this has saved me not only some money but my time also. Back in the mid 1990’s I think I may have paid about $40 to $50 for my Flowbee, which I am still using today. A quick check of their web site shows that a Flowbee today cost $79.95 for the system and they also now offer a Super Mini Vac to go along with the Flowbee for an extra $35.
The Spacers for selecting the cut length.
The Spacers for selecting the cut length. | Source
It was hard finding a good video showing the Flowbee in action but this one is pretty good and will do. I did consider putting myself into a video using the Flowbee but for now this YouTube video will give you a quick and humorous look at how it works. I would like to point out that it is definitely not necessary to have someone do this for you, it is simple enough that you can give yourself a haircut with this system and I have been doing this myself for the last twenty years.

I am willing to bet that anyone who gives this a try will find that unless you tell someone that you are using a Flowbee they will never know otherwise. I went years without telling friends and co-workers about this and no one ever knew or commented that my hair looked different or funny in any way. Listen, we are all at least a little vane about our appearance and I would not venture out into the real world if I thought I looked like a clown having a bad hair day. Flowbee on.



No comments:

Post a Comment

5 Skin Care Recipes Using Fresh Mint

5 Skin Care Recipes Using Fresh Mint  |  Source Being Minted ~ Mint is one of those herbs when left to its own devices in the garde...